Sunday, March 7, 2010

Getting Back to Business

I got a new computer. This one is a lot better than my old one; however, it is very different, and I'm not very used to it. For some odd reason, when I use the paint program (Windows 7, by the way), it makes Anime Ace, the font I've been using, look like complete shit. I have no idea how to make that not happen. Granted, I just started using it, but I don't want to spend a week getting acquainted with the program and trying to figure out how to make Anime Ace look normal. So, I'm going to do chapter 5 in a different font, probably Comic Sans because it doesn't look odd or out of place (and I don't know many fonts). What does this mean to the average reader? Nothing, except that the words in this chapter won't look like the words in the latest chapter of Bleach or Naruto. If I can get Anime Ace to look good, I might go back to it for chapter 6, but I might not. It depends on how I feel about Comic Sans after finishing this chapter.

I'm going to try to hurry through this chapter, so I can put it behind me as soon as possible, and not seem like I'm giving up on the project. I can't promise I'll get it done within a week, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

Now, here's a page I've been testing on to show how weird Anime Ace looks and what Comic Sans looks like:

Image Hosting by imagefra.me

5 comments:

  1. hmmm the fonts not too bad you might have to get a diff paint program tho to get the font you want to look good or use a different screen resoloution but yer i sugest paint.net its good and light and very good quality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, Comic Sans... IMO that font makes everything look kinda unprofessional and childish. There's even a website against it, bancomicsans.com, haha. Maybe you could try Wild Words? That seems to be what most people use when doing scanlations. Here's a link: http://www.unblessed.net/guide/type/fonts.html
    As for the free editing software, aside from the aforementioned paint.net, there's also Gimp.
    Good luck and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild Words does look good. Thanks for the link. I'll try it for the next chapter. Since I'd already started this chapter in Comic Sans, I wasn't going to redo everything (for the third time).

    I should have the chapter done by next Wednesday, if nothing else goes wrong, for anybody worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can also use Paint.net, you will forget everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoho excellent job, the font and writing are very good, the paint of windows seven it's very nice and usefull you can do a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete