Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Orochi Chapter 6 (Manga Release)


Here's the first chapter of the third kanzenban of Orochi! In "Stage," a boy suffers a tragedy at a very young age and as a result gives up all TV and music. More than a decade later, he tries to break into show business. Has he forgotten about the misfortune of his youth, or are his intentions more than they seem?

I really liked this story, and I think a lot of people will. It's not strictly a horror story, but it's well told and paced excellently.

Low-quality:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hmczivyo30z
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YB3BCSPH

High-quality:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lw2z3h2rg2w
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3JBH3JVX

This is the first of the two stories in the third kanzenban, and it is about 130 pages long. The second story is over 200 pages long, so it'll take longer to do. I'll try to get it done before the end of April, so you guys don't have to wait too long for it (and because I'm going to an anime convention at the end of April and don't want a nagging feeling while there). As for what happens after that, I'm going to mess with my scanner, see if I can get it working, and talk to the translator of Orochi , molokidan, to see what he might want to do in the future. I hope you all enjoy Yuuichi's trip to the "Stage!"

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your work, sorry to hear about your pc. I'm sure it will be deeply missed. I'll have a virtual moment of silence in memory.

    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from Trevor Brown. Love it. I grew up with manga, and horror is my fave. Bring so much memories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad people are enjoying Orochi. I'd like to branch out into other series in the future (all horror, my favorite genre), but that requires a translator. Hopefully I can find one with enough free time and the desire to translate horror.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too thank you. Umezu is so under rated. Its nice to see more of his stuff being scanlated lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the release, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete